I’m JD, the founder and principal at LearnGeek, an independent practice that provides advisory and educational services to professionals and organizations that want to …
- Transform their workplace learning practices to meet modern needs
- Provide improved, ongoing support experiences for their employees
- Solve meaningful business problems for their stakeholders
I’m a self-declared learning and performance geek in Orlando, FL (originally from Philadelphia, PA). Why L&D? I just really like helping people do what they do – better. I’m also a curious person who is typically the first to pull out their smartphone to research a topic when a question goes unanswered. I apply that same sensibility to my everyday work.
For the past 20 years, I’ve spent my 9 to 5 (sometimes more like 7am to 12am) working in learning and operations with global brands like The Walt Disney Company, Kaplan, Brambles, and AMC Theatres. Today, in addition to my work with LearnGeek, I’m the Chief Learning Architect with Axonify, where I work to boost employee knowledge and solve business problems through a truly human approach to learning and the best technology the corporate training world has ever seen.
I consider myself a learning and performance generalist due to my experience supporting a variety of workplaces, industries and use cases. However, I have spent considerable time focused on select topics over the past few years, including:
- Personalized and Adaptive Learning
- Modern Learning Ecosystems
- Knowledge Sharing
- Digital Networking
Now that the formal stuff is out of the way, here are 5 things you need to know if you want to really GET me:
- I can recite the dialogue from Back to the Future from beginning to end.
- I’ve never ridden a bicycle (seriously).
- I bleed orange and black. Let’s go Flyers!
- I’ve played the roles of a 1930s Chicago gangster and a bank-robbing wild west cowboy (during my time with Disney).
- I’m an Apple fanboy.