We’re less than 2 weeks away from the L&D industry’s annual return to Las Vegas to talk all things learning technology. It’s time for DevLearn!
With thousands of attendees and over 200 sessions from which to choose, preparation is critical to emsure you get the most out of your DevLearn experience. But, if my experience tells me anything, a large percentage of attendees will be planning their schedules on the plane or in the hotel the day before the conference begins. Sure, that’s better than just winging it. But it also means you may miss a session or two that could really have made a difference for you and your organization.
As per usual, the eLearning Guild is leveraging the best conference app in the L&D space. Not only does it help with setting your personal agenda, but it fronts with a social feed that facilitates connects and networking before, during and after the event. The app is always a must for any conference, but it is a VERY VERY MUST for a Guild event.
Transformation is a major theme in the L&D space right now. After all, DevLearn’s theme is “The Future is Here.” Teams are looking for ways to evolve their learning and support practices in order to meet the needs of modern business – or else risk falling behind and losing value. Therefore, while the DevLearn schedule includes activities on a variety of themes, I’ve pulled together a MUST CONSIDER list – including 1 session per time slot – for anyone looking to explore the mindset requirements and tactical considerations necessary to drive L&D transformation.
Wednesday, October 25, 2017
- 730am | Morning Buzz – Adaptive Learning (JD Dillon)
- 1000am | The Future of Learning – Where Should You Focus Today? (Nick Floro)
- 1045am | Moving Past the LMS – Installing a Digital-Era Learning Ecosystem (Frank Nguyen)
- 115pm | Immersive Learning and the Future of Workplace Learning (Andrew Hughes)
- 300pm | Strategies for Supporting Complex Skill Development (Julie Dirksen)
Thursday, October 26, 2017
- 730am | Morning Buzz – Trends that are Reshaping L&D (Almira Roldan)
- 1000am | The Future of Learning – 6 Trends That Will Change Behaviors (Rose Benedicks)
- 1045am | A Look Ahead – The Now and Next of Learning and Technology (David Kelly)
- 1100am | 10 Tips for Effective Social Learning (Julian Stodd)
- 1215pm | Is There Life After the LMS? (Ben Betts)
- 115pm | The Future of Digital Learning – 3 Scenarios (Matthew Murray)
- 215pm | The Future of Learning Systems (Chris Bond)
- 300pm | Marco? Polo! Finding Your Ideal Learning Experience (Robert Gadd)
- 400pm | DemoFest
Friday, October 27, 2017
- 730am | Morning Buzz – Measuring ROI (Sharon Link)
- 830am | More than Micro – Designing Learning That Fits (JD Dillon)
- 1000am | Design Thinking for Problem Solving (Kristin Machac, Holly L. Cline)
What themes will you be exploring during DevLearn? Is L&D transformation a consideration for your organization in the near future?